What is cloud computing?
To put in a very simple manner, cloud computing is a concept that involves computing by sharing the resources involved, instead of relying on local servers to do the job. The 'cloud' in the term 'cloud computing' is used to represent the internet. The technique involves utilizing remote servers which allow centralized data processing and storage, and online access to resources from any place, at any time.
So, basically, cloud computing means internet based computing where several services are pooled together in order to achieve a common purpose. It is a recently evolved phenomenon, and it has caught on pretty quickly, owing to its many advantages, which we will now explore.
Advantages of Cloud Computing:
Cloud computing has single handedly made computing, information processing, data storage and data access a lot easier than they were before its advent. Some of the many reasons why cloud computing has become an integral part of our professional as well as personal lives include -
• Streamlining of methods - One of the significant preferences of this sort of processing is that it empowers associations to attain to and finish more work, in substantially less time, and by utilizing much less individuals. It spares time and expenses by chopping down unnecessary expenses and disposing of prolonged exercises.
• Lower costs - Companies and organizations need not spend huge amounts of money on setting up information technology infrastructure. Cloud computing enables them to easily access all their information with minimal pay out costs.
• Better availability - Information and information can be gotten to whenever, and from wherever. All the potential client requires is a gadget to view and access the information, and a working association with the web. This has wound up making our lives so much less demanding.
• Flexibility of procedures - Since this kind of computing mostly involves the use of the internet and technology, the approach adopted in the work place can be easily maneuvered and changed without having to worry about the time, costs, and resources needed to retrain the personnel who would have otherwise been employed on the job.
• Improved usage of assets - As an immediate consequence of this sort of figuring, associations over the world have seen an enhanced and more productive use of their assets, for example, individuals, procedures, and strategies. This goes far in enhancing the execution of the organizations, and additionally in spreading and raising the goodwill they have. It is one of the critical things to recall.